Wondering What We Do?
Artisan Light & Landscape is owned and operated by myself, “T.” (Thomas) Meis. The company was established in 1981 as a custom landscape construction and maintenance business. I joined the company in 1983 first as a laborer and soon became a supervisor. In 1986 I became a partner and acquired the business completely in 1989.
I hold a bachelor’s degree in Ornamental Horticulture from California State Polythechnic University Pomona with an emphasis in Landscape Construction and Landscape Design. I spent 8 years as Director of the Technical and Design Department for Nightscaping, the very first lighting manufacturer in the industry. At Nightscaping I had the unique opportunity to work personally and directly with Bill Locklin, the founder of the 12 volt lighting industry. I have a passion for good lighting, specifically outdoor 12 volt landscape lighting. I installed my first outdoor lighting system in 1983. Since that first system many people have enjoyed spectacular lighting systems that we have installed for them. I’m good at what I do and I know my stuff!
Today Artisan Light and Landscape is a custom design and build landscape & lighting construction/service company that focuses heavily on the one-on-one relationship between client and contractor. It is our every desire to provide the very best experience for our clients and to provide for you an outdoor environment that exceeds your expectations by day and by night!
Our Promise Statement
We promise to:
- Be honest always.
- Price our products and services fairly in relation to professional industry standards.
- Do what we say.
- Show up when we say we will, or if we absolutely can’t … call you to let you know when we will show up.
- Always provide a quality product and service.
- Communicate with you every aspect of the project.
- Honor our warranty.
- Complete your project in a timely manner.
- Provide you with all information necessary for you to manage your landscape & lighting systems…AND ENJOY THEM!
- Respect you, your family, your property and your neighbors.
- Keep a clean work site.